Saturday 28 May 2011

Disjointed jottings from the Deadman's desk

Hi, it's been a busy old month at Dead Men's Spex. What with Hemsby Rock n Roll weekender and and the lure of the Norfolk Festival, time in the workshop has had to be well used.

Those of you who keep an eye on the website will have hopefully noticed a new uniformity to the frame photo's now I am the proud owner of a mini-studio. It all sounds very posh and I love the look on people's faces when I tell them I have one, little do they know that is really equates to a large white polyester box with a back drop in it. Although simple in design and execution it is very effective at evening the light out and making the object that you are photographing stand out. I can highly recommend the use of one to anyone needing to sell small items online.

On the spectacle front those of you who follow me on Facebook will be aware that I have had a large amount of NHS geek frames come into my possession. The preparation of these for the website is my target over the next couple of weeks so keep a look out on the site as they never last long.


On a more exotic note, those of you who love the more glamorous and elegant elements of 1950's design can see a number of 1950's Anodised Aluminium Tura frames at Dead Men's Spex. These are a set of salesman's samples that had been locked away in the demo box for over 50 years and are really indicative of all that was good with "the atomic age".

TTFN
DMS

No comments:

Post a Comment